Connecting a wireless printer to your Linksys router provides you an ease to print your files from anywhere in the house. You can conveniently print your files through your HP printer, as long as you are connected to your home wireless network. Switching to a wireless printer is a better option as these printers are designed for busy and productive people. So in this article, we will show you the solution for your query “how to connect my hp printer to Linksys router”. Follow the instructions to connect your hp printer to Linksys router.
Requirements to connect your printer to the router
If you want to resolve your query on “how to connect my hp printer to the router”, follow the below given instructions:
- Your HP printer should support WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption standards.
- Your Linksys router must be working properly.
- Linksys connect should be installed on the computer.
- Ensure your HP printer is not so far from the Linksys router.
- Software and drivers of your printer should be installed on your computer.
Connecting printer to Linksys router
- Launch the Linksys Connect app on your computer. To do this, go to the Start Menu.
- Now go to All Programs and launch the Linksys Connect app.
- Look for the computers and devices on the main Linksys connect window. Click this tab and you will be directed to the new window.
- In the new window named as Computers and other devices, select Printer.
- Now, a new window called Connecting a printer will appear on your screen. Select wireless printer option in this window.
- You will find the settings of your Linksys wireless router on the Connecting a wireless printer. Note down the settings of your Linksys wireless printer on a paper.
These wireless settings include:
- Network Name (SSID) – the name of your wireless router.
- Security Key – the passphrase of your wireless network.
- Type of Security – wireless encryption type of your wireless network.
- Now go to your printer and enter the wireless settings that you noted down on a paper. After entering the wireless network settings into the fields, click Next on the Linksys connect window.
NOTE: If you don’t know how to enter the wireless network settings on your printer, contact to the HP support center to resolve your issue.
- If you are directed to the Name your printer screen, it means that your HP printer has been detected. Now enter the preferred name for your HP printer in the field provided and click Finish.
Now your HP printer will be connected and your query on how to connect my hp printer to Linksys router is resolved. In case you are unable to print your files, try to verify that the wireless settings you have entered match to those on your Linksys router.
So in this article, we showed you the solution for the query “how to connect my hp printer to Linksys router”. We hope this article helped top solve your query.