What is Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers have a nice look and shape. They all have dual core processor. Linksys routers come with external antennas to have the greater speed for the devices which need high internet speed. You can move the antennas in the direction of the devices which need high internet speed. You will have all the ports that you need in a Smart router. The ports that are on the router are power adapter port, four LAN port, USB port and one WAN port. A WPS button for quick connection and a reset button to reset the settings to factory default are also present on the router.
By using the USB 3.0 port, you can connect external storage devices to the router. You can also connect a printer to this USB 3.0 port. All the Linksys routers do not have USB 3.0 port. Mainly USB 2.0 port is provided on all the routers. The admin panel of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router is just amazing. The dashboard shows you all the important things that you want to know about a router. Linksys router setup is very easy as the Smart routers provide Smart utility to setup the router automatically.
Various features of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router
- Network Map: A user of Linksys router can see the number of devices connected to both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band. You can view this from the dashboard as well as from the left menu displayed on the screen.
- Guest Network: A user can setup a separate account for the visitors. If you have made this account then visitors are not able to get into your private network. This network has a separate password. You can view the information or details of every device connected to the guest network.
- Parental Controls: A user can setup parental controls by blocking certain websites that have adult content. You can also set access time for a particular system like the systems accessed by your children or office staff.
- Speed test: You can check the speed through Speedtest software. Rather using this, you can use already provided Ookla Speed Test Widget. This widget is embedded inside the router. It’s very easy to check the speed by using this gadget.
- Connectivity settings: if you want to set LAN settings of your router and internet settings then this section has all those features. You can also choose between http and https in this section and also how to route packets.
- Wireless settings: Want to enable Mac filtering or want to change the network name (SSID) or password of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi network? This section allows you to do so. Open the settings from the left menu and do the needful changes.
- Security: Use this option if you want to apply firewall, want to apply port forwarding. Various other security options are also provided to you in this section.
Other Smart features available in Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router
- Device Prioritization: You can set the priority for your devices. If you want a certain device to have most of the Wi-Fi speed such as a device used for video streaming then you can do so by using this feature of the router.
- External storage sharing: Connect a storage device that you want to share with all the devices connected to the same network. Set up the file sharing on this network so that all the connected devices can view the shared file or document.
- Linksys mobile app: Download the app from Play Store if you have an Android Phone or from App Store if you have an iPhone. This app gives you every detail of your router, about the guest network; you can even reserve DHCP addresses by using the application. Basically, all the things that you can do with the web interface of the Linksys router, you can also perform via the Linksys App.
How to access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi by using a web browser?
- Open an Internet browser and type the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser. You can use any browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. You can also type myrouter.local instead of the default IP address. Note: If you encounter any issue while accessing the router’s login page then try some troubleshooting tips.
- You can now log in using the password or you can also use the cloud account to enter into the configuration page of the router. Enter the default password if you have not changed it yet. Or enter the username and password for your Linksys cloud account.
- The home page for the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi You can now use the Smart Wi-Fi tools and router settings to configure your router. Now, you can see all the details of your Linksys router.
Linksys Smart Wifi login
Follow the steps given below to access the Linksys router remotely or Linksys Smart Wifi login. Through this, you can access your router anytime or from anywhere.
Access a web browser from your computer system that is connected to your router. Type com in the URL bar of the browser window.
Log in to the router web interface by using the E-mail address and password. Please do not attempt login failed attempts, otherwise, your account will be temporarily suspended.
If you have not made a Linksys Cloud account yet then follow the steps given below.
How to make Linksys Cloud Account?
It is necessary to build a Linksys Smart account if you want to access the Linksys router remotely. So, here we are providing you steps. Following these steps, you can successfully make an account for your Linksys router.
- Access the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login page by typing linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser you have opened in your computer system.
- You will see “Don’t have an account” message then Click here link beside this message. Click on the given link to make a new account.
- Enter the details in the provided fields. And agree to the terms and conditions by enabling the check box.
- A verification email will be sent to your registered email account. Check the account to verify. If the email is not found in the inbox then check the spam or junk folder.
- Activate your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account by clicking on the link given. Then click on the here to login to the account.
- Enter the username and password for your Linksys account you have created. And associate your Linksys router with the Linksys account.
If you encounter any issues while login, installing, associating the account with the Linksys router, connect with us for the solutions. We have provided a live chat window on our website where the expert team is available all the time. You can chat with the team when encountered any issue.